I’ve been attending ILTA’s annual educational conference for many years, and, like a glass of my favorite red wine, it keeps getting better with age. Those of us who have had the privilege of attending ILTACON can attest to the life-long friendships and profound professional development gained from the event. This year’s conference is being held August 19-23 at the Gaylord National outside of Washington DC. If you haven’t registered, here’s why you should:
- Peer-Driven Programming: ILTA brings together a conference committee of talented professionals from law firms and legal departments to make sure the educational program covers the questions, challenges and successes that they and their peers experience. With over 200 educational sessions to choose from, if you’re working in legal technology, the conference is covering topics relevant to you.
- Networking Opportunities: You don’t have to find networking at ILTACON, networking finds you. The community of professionals attending ILTACON are eager to share what they’ve learned and what they’re passionate about. It is easy to strike up conversations during ILTA’s planned events, between sessions and during breaks, in the Exhibit Hall, taking the elevator back to your room…your conference badge basically says “talk to me!” :-)
- Engaging Keynotes: ILTA goes out of its way to find keynote speakers who will get your day going with a burst of energy and excitement. And they don’t stay within the lines of legal; keynoters challenge us to explore and apply what innovators are doing across many industries.
- Creative Session Formats: Nothing is worse than having someone lecture at you for days, so ILTA’s conference committee plans a wide variety of session formats for different learning types. You’ll experience panel discussions, workshops, interviews and more. This is a learners dream come true.
- Knowledgeable Speakers: People know that ILTACON is where it’s at, so hundreds of experienced professionals apply to speak in sessions. Competition is fierce, and the conference committee strives to find those who add the most value to particular sessions.
- Vibrant Exhibit Hall: Unlike many conferences where it can feel like aggressive sales guys are jumping out from behind corners, the Exhibit Hall at ILTACON is a welcoming setting for intellectual conversations about overcoming business challenges. And ILTA livens things up with activities like networking corners, video game hubs, and business partner bingo.
Still not sure why ILTACON is for you? Another great tool created by ILTA this year is a Roadmap to Solving Your Business Challenges. Check out your role and what sessions are mapped out for you. It’s pretty darn cool!
We hope to see you at the Gaylord National in National Harbor! Here are some places where you can catch Traveling Coaches:
Sunday, August 19
- 4-5:30pm – Large Firm CIOs and KM collaboration kickoffs
- 9pm-12am – Networking event at Bobby McKey’s
- 11am-12pm – Everyone is a CISO: Ready Player One
- 1-2pm – Prevention: Be Afraid…Be Very Afraid (Security Series)
- 7-9pm – Exhibit Hall Opening Reception (booth 500/502)
- 10:15-11:15am – LegalMind® Personal Learning Portal – Client Success Stories (register)
- 1:30-2:30pm – Detection: Early Detection Saves Careers (Security Series)
- 2:30-3:30pm – OnGuard® Information Security Awareness & Consulting – Client Success Stories (register)
- 6:30pm – ILTA Celebrates Innovation (finalist for Innovative Consultant of the Year)
- 10:15-11:15am – Springboard™ Elevated Learning & Certified Legal Trainer Program – Client Success Stories (register)
- 1-1:40pm – Power Up! Invest in Your People to Win the Game
- 1:30-2:30pm – Response and Remediation: You’ve Been Attacked! Now What? (Security Series)
- 2:30-3:30pm – DMS User Adoption – Client Success Stories (register)
- 3:30-5pm – When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left: An Introduction to Deign Thinking and Creativity in Law Firms