We've created a full line-up of events for your ILTACON pleasure, including engaging sessions, interactive events, and social networking opportunities – plus a whole lot of TC-style fun! Make sure you visit Traveling Coaches at Booth 500/502 in the Exhibit Hall during the conference. We look forward to seeing you!
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19
- 4-5:30pm - Sponsoring "Large Firm CIOs" and "KM" kickoff collaborations
- 9pm-12am - Hosting networking event at Booby McKey's
MONDAY, AUGUST 20
- Monday 11am-12pm - Eileen Whitaker presents "Everyone is a CISO: Ready Player One"
Join us in this fun, interactive challenge as we tackle a number of security obstacles that come at us from every angle. Who's the security champion in your organization? Let's discuss how it is going to take a team approach to stay in the game or you could be faced with the dreaded GAME OVER!
Takeaways: List of most common security controls that should be implemented; How small firms can implement the security principles of a large firm; Table-top exercises you can take back to your firm to engage your users in security concerns.
- Monday 1-2pm - Gina Buser moderates "Prevention: Be Afraid...Be Very Afraid." (Security Series)
How bulletproof is your network? Everyone knows what basic prevention measures to have in place, but we should still be afraid. How can you improve and customize the security posture of your firm based on your budget, your firm's culture and your risk profile. Join us as we discuss the security controls you don’t have that that you need to implement now.
Takeaways: SANS recommended security controls; Security tools that will improve your firm’s security posture without breaking your budget; An understanding of the new perimeter defense - IDENTITY; Best practices for training for your users to be more aware
- 7-9pm - Exhibit Hall Opening Reception (booth 500/502)
TUESDAY, AUGUST 21
- Tuesday 10:15-11:15am - Traveling Coaches presents "LegalMind® Personal Learning Portal - Client Success Stories"
Join us to experience LegalMind® – the fastest and easiest way to maximize the skills of your staff and your lawyers. But don't take our word for it...ask your peers! Clients will share their personal success stories and tell all about their experiences. Learn how LegalMind® enables rapid personal and professional development. (register)
- Tuesday 1:30-2:30pm - Gina Buser moderates "Detection: Early Detection Saves Careers" (Security Series)
The health of your network relies on early detection of breaches, including bad actors, malware attacks and data loss. From network logs to data loss prevention methods, what tools are available to help you identify possible attacks quickly? Early detection might be what saves your career!
Takeaways: Intrusion detection tools; Letting AI work for you; How to make better use of tools you already have; How to apply detective controls in a layered manner
- Tuesday 2:30-3:30pm - Traveling Coaches presents "OnGuard® Information Security Awareness - Client Success Stories"
OnGuard® is the gold standard for firms wishing to create and sustain a culture of information security. But don't take our word for it...ask your peers! Clients will share their personal success stories and tell all about their experiences. Learn how firms are using the OnGuard® Information Security Awareness program and consulting to make their people the first line of protection. (register)
- 6:30pm-12am - ILTA Celebrates Innovation (finalist for Innovative Consultant of the Year)
Wednesday, August 22
- Wednesday 10:15-11:15am - Traveling Coaches presents "Springboard™ Elevated Learning & Certified Legal Trainer Program - Client Success Stories"
Springboard™ is a suite of consulting and talent development services that can help law firms transform their learning programs and develop new skills to support 21st-century learners. But don't take our word for it...ask your peers! Clients will share their personal success stories and tell all about their experiences with Springboard™, LEAP® (Legal Education Action Plan), and our award-winning Certified Legal Trainer Program. (register)
- 12:30-1:30pm - Joe Buser presents at Cornerstone IT Executive Lunch "Take Your On-Premises DMS to the Cloud" (by invitation only; contact Adriana Vitale if interested)
- Wednesday 1-1:40pm - Kenny Leckie presents "Power Up! Invest in Your People to Win the Game"
In order to gain the super mushroom and fire power your users need to give your organization a competitive advantage, an investment needs to be made in professional development and overall adult learning. In this high-energy, visually stimulating meetup, we’ll show you how to power up to experience increased awareness, engagement, productivity and retention and improved communication and organizational culture. With these tools, you’re bound to rescue Princess Toadstool and win the game!
- Wednesday 1:30-2:30pm - Gina Buser moderates "Response and Remediation: You’ve Been Attacked! Now What?"
Everyone has a plan… until they get attacked. How would your firm really respond if a major breach happened to your network? Are you ready? We’ll interview the CISO of DLA Piper about the aftermath of the malware attack of June 27, 2017. He will share all kinds of interesting, unique details on their response to the events of that day and how his firm managed to live to tell the tale about their reaction and remediation.
Takeaways: Lessons learned from another firm's response to an actual attack; Framework for an incident response plan; Basic response checklist; Knowledge about your firm's ethical responsibilities
- Wednesday 2:30-3:30pm - Traveling Coaches presents "DMS User Adoption - Client Success Stories"
Traveling Coaches has developed a proven methodology for maximum user adoption of document management systems. We run the gamut, from change management and communications consulting, award-winning user adoption materials, training, and support. Traveling Coaches is the one to trust with your migration. But don't take our word for it...ask your peers at ILTACON! Clients will share their personal success stories and tell all about working with us on their DMS migrations. (register)
- Wednesday 3:30-5pm - Carolyn Humpherys and Eileen Whitaker present "When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left: An Introduction to Design Thinking and Creativity in the Law"
You've probably heard of Design Thinking but you may not know what it is. In this session, attendees will receive a crash course in the basic tenants of Design Thinking, including what it is and how to implement it at their firms. Special attention will be paid to strategies firms can use to really get those creative sparks flying to solve those "unsolvable" problems. Attendees will also take part in a few creativity exercises to help solidify knowledge and put design thinking into action.